FoldPanelBar is a Python class that uses wxPython GUI front-end. It has been integrated into the standard wxPython library distribution since version 18.104.22.168, dated 8 April 2005.
This class simulate, in some way, the behavior of the foldable menus in Windows XP Explorer, that you can easy find at the left by opening Windows Explorer.
Note: The original idea comes from Jorgen Bodde, that has written the C++ code for the wxWidgets library. I have simply translated the code into pure Python implementation.
What can it do and what not?
a) What it can do:
- Run-time addition of panels (no deletion just yet)
- Run time addition of controls to the panel (it will be resized accordingly)
- Creating panels in collapsed mode or expanded mode
- Various modes of caption behaviour and filling to make it more appealing
- Panels can be folded and collapsed (or all of them) to allow more space
b) What it cannot do:
- Selection of a panel like in a list ctrl
- Dragging and dropping the panels
- Re-ordering the panels (not yet)
Downloads, screenshots, demo and more info can be found at: