When you get in trouble the best way to get help is using the wxPython-users mailing list.
You'll find that the folks on wxPython-users are very helpful, and often love to figure out the puzzle your problem presents, but you need to make it as easy on us as possible.
- Provide the platform your working on. Some things work differently on different platforms and this can cause code to run on one platform and fail on others.
- Provide the wxPython and python versions you're using. Some bugs are specific to some versions, some bugs are already fixed in newer versions.
Try to provide a small, complete application that demonstrates your problem.This accomplishes two things:
- When isolating your problem, you might just find out why it wasn't working.
- It makes it MUCH easier for us to help you, for a number of reasons:
- We can just run the app and see how it's behaving.
- We can easily tweak it, and try to find a solution.
- Your problem may not be where you think it is. If you don't send a complete version, your problem may not be in the code you send, or be a function of how that code is used.